Release Notes Version 8 5
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Version 8.5 of PLS_Toolbox and Solo was released in September, 2017.
(back to Release Notes PLS Toolbox and Solo)
- The primary focus of version 8.5 has been in Calibration Transfer and additional importers.
- PLS_Toolbox/Solo 8.5 has been tested extensively with Matlab 2017b prerelease and should be compatible with the coming release.
- Simplified interface design changes. Various controls have been moved to simplify interfaces. Seldom used settings have been moved to options in several cases (e.g., simplified SVM panel).
- The Analysis window's confusion matrix and table toolbar icon now returns classification results for both 'most probable' and 'strict' classifications. In the 'strict' case it also lists the 'strictthreshold' value used.
- New Model-centric Calibration Transfer - Interface to develop instrument specific models with calibration transfer. Uses MCCT_Object command line object.
- NLSTD - Create or apply non-linear instrument transfer models (PLS_Toolbox only).
- SST - Spectral Subspace Transformation calibration transfer.
- Corn DSO - New calibration transfer demonstration data set added. 80 samples of corn measured on 3 different NIR spectrometers with moisture, oil, protein and starch values for each of the samples is also included.
- shimadzueemreadr - Imports Shimadzu EEM formatted text files.
- visionairxmlreadr - Imports Vision Air formatted XML files (X- & Y-Blocks).
- pltreadr - Imports Vision Air model files (.plt).
- aqualogreadr - Improved capability of loading multiple files containing samples of varying sizes (PLS_Toolbox only).
- jascoeemreadr - Improved capability of loading multiple files containing samples of varying sizes (PLS_Toolbox only).
- hitachieemreadr - Improved capability of loading multiple files containing samples of varying sizes (PLS_Toolbox only).
- RAWREAD - Added support for new version format (3 & 4) (See MIA_Toolbox).
- SPGREADR Added new feature, options.spectrumindex now can be an integer, an array of integers (indices, & order doesn't matter), or 'all'. When loading multiple files, options.spectrumindex must be either a single value or 'all'.
- writeplt - Exports EVRI model objects to Vision Air PLT files.
Other Features and Improvements
- Cook's Distance - Calculates Cooks Distance for samples in a regression model.
- RPLS - A recursive PLS and PCR variable selection algorithm.
- MANHATTANDIST - Calculate Manhattan Distance between rows of a matrix.