Jump to navigation Jump to search
Standard Normal Variate scaling.
- [xcorr,mns,sds] = snv(x,options); %perform snv scaling
- x = snv(xcorr,mns,sds); %undo snv
Scales rows of the input x to be mean zero and unit standard deviation. This is the same as autoscaling the transpose of x.
- x = M by N matrix of data to be scaled (class "double" or "dataset").
- options = options structure passed to function "auto" when performing SNV scaling. See auto.m for available options (not valid for undo operation).
- mns = a vector of length M of means, and
- sds = vector of length M of standard deviations.
- xcorr = the scaled data (xcorr will be the same class as x),
- mns = vector of means for each row, and
- sds = vector of standard deviations for each row.
To rescale or "undo" SNV, inputs are xcorr, mns, and sds from a previous SNV call. The output will be the original x.