Release Notes Version 5 8
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Version 5.8 of PLS_Toolbox and Solo was released in February, 2010.
(back to Release Notes PLS Toolbox and Solo)
- Updated for Matlab 2010a compatibility.
- Support Vector Machine Regression and Classification non-linear modeling methods available in Analysis GUI (Solo and PLS_Toolbox) and command-line (PLS_Toolbox).
- Locally Weighted Regression (LWR) non-linear modeling method available in Analysis GUI and significantly revised at the command-line to add new features, preprocessing support, and compatibility with Solo_Predictor 2.1
- Permutation test added to Analysis GUI to allow easy testing for over-fit regression models (randomized y-block).
- TrendTool outputs model structures which can be used to make predictions on new data and are compatible with Solo_Predictor 2.1. Interface is also now accessible through EVRIGUI_Objects
- PLS-DA prior probability settings now available in Analysis GUI.
- Prediction intervals (Estimated prediction error) accessible in Scores plots
- Add "Transmission to Absorbance" preprocessing method (-log10(T)).
- Analytical Spectral Devices (ASD) Indico (Versions 6 and 7) data file reader added.
- Horiba JY file importer fixes to data type handling and converts all data to double precision when importing.
- Fix Excel reader problem which makes some XLS files unreadable on 64-bit systems.
- Demo datasets now easily available in Model Cache.
- Clearer deliniation of method categories and access to help in Analysis GUI.
- Improved appearance and Copy/Paste functionality for MAC and Linux platforms.
- NND Score Distance calculation now uses Mahalanobis distance
- Improved Copy/Paste functionality from DataSet Editor data table (labels included and formatted for Excel compatibility)
- Improved "single-window" feature - have all PLS_Toolbox or Solo windows "docked" in a single frame.
NEW FUNCTIONS AND FILES
- asdreadr - Imports data from Analytical Spectral Devices (ASD) Indico (Versions 6 and 7) data files.
- clipboard_image - Copy and paste images to/from the system clipboard.
- ismodel - Returns boolean TRUE if input object is a standard model structure.
- lwr - Locally Weighted Regression (LWR).
- svm - Support Vector Machine (LIBSVM) for regression or classification.
- svmda - Support Vector Machine (LIBSVM) for classification.