Jump to navigation Jump to search
Calculate a single latent variable for partial least squares (PLS) regression.
- [p,q,w,t,u] = plsnipal(x,y)
PLSNIPAL is called by the routine pls to calculate each latent variable in a partial least squares regression.
- x = x-block input data (for first PLS latent variable), or x-block residuals (for subsequent latent variables)
- y = y-block input data (for first PLS latent variable), or y-block residuals (for subsequent latent variables)
- p = x-block latent variable loadings
- q = y-block latent variable loadings
- w = x-block latent variable weights
- t = x-block latent variable scores
- u = y-block latent variable scores