Jump to navigation Jump to search
Remove references to unused variables from a model.
- [cmodel,msg] = compressmodel(model,include)
COMPRESSMODEL will remove any references in a model to excluded variables. This permits the application of the model to new data in which unused variables have been hard-excluded (i.e. previously removed or not collected).
- model = model to compress
- include = Index range of variables to include. If not provided, compressmodel will keep only those variables which are explictly marked as included in the original data.
- cmodel = the compressed model
- msg = any warning messages reported during compression.
Although compression will work on most models, some preprocessing methods and some model types may not compress correctly. In these cases, a warning will be given and reported in the output (msg).