Faq how to configure java files in older MATLAB
How to configure Java files in older versions of MATLAB?
In some older versions of MATLAB, including version 7.0.4 (R14SP2), it is necessary to manually add the jar files included with PLS_Toolbox to the MATLAB java class path.
- Open MATLAB.
- Navigate to the "..\PLS_Toolbox_65\extensions\javatools" folder (where "PLS_Toolbox_65" is the folder containing the version of PLS_Toolbox you are installing. The "65" will change for each version)
- Edit the Java class path file:
>> edit classpath.txt
- At the bottom of the classpath.txt file add lines for each .jar file in the extensions folder using the correct path. In the following example, PLS_Toolbox version 6.5 (named "PLS_Toolbox_65") is installed in the "c:\Toolbox\" folder so the corresponding entries look like:
c:\Toolbox\PLS_Toolbox_65\extensions\javatools\evriJavaClasses.jar c:\Toolbox\PLS_Toolbox_65\extensions\javatools\rsyntaxtextarea.jar c:\Toolbox\PLS_Toolbox_65\extensions\javatools\mysql.jar c:\Toolbox\PLS_Toolbox_65\extensions\javatools\libsvm_jre15.jar c:\Toolbox\PLS_Toolbox_65\extensions\javatools\derby.jar c:\Toolbox\PLS_Toolbox_65\extensions\javatools\commons-dbutils-1.3.jar c:\Toolbox\PLS_Toolbox_65\extensions\javatools\jsoup.jar
- Save the file and restart MATLAB.
- If MIA_Toolbox is installed, any .jar files in the "..\MIA_Toolbox\utilities" folder should be added using the same procedure as above.
Still having problems? Please contact our helpdesk at email@example.com