Release Notes Version 5 5
From Eigenvector Documentation Wiki
Version 5.5 of PLS_Toolbox and Solo was released in November, 2009.
- Correlation Spectroscopy GUI added with unique pure component decomposition features to identify correlated spectral components.
- Multivariate Curve Resolution by Alternating Least Squares (MCR-ALS) default algorithm is 15-25 times faster than in previous versions.
- Direct Scores PLS (DSPLS) algorithm available in PLS (dspls).
- Automatic correction of regression model bias and slope based on test data (correctbias). NOTE: PLS_Toolbox only - not yet available in Solo
- Bias and R^2 information available for all steps of model building (calibration, cross-validation, validation)
- Improved automatic component selection in PCA models.
- Additional tests for poor choices of preprocessing with certain model types (e.g. CLS).
- User information stored with each model (as history information).
- Selectivity ratio (variable selection information) added as calculated statistic for PLS PCR and MLR models (sratio).
- KNN Score Distance metric available in scores plots of PLS, PCR, and PCA (knnscoredistance).
- Improved handling of class modifications.
- Kaiser Optical Systems HoloReact method importer to create preprocessing from band-area methods (hrmethodreadr).
- GLSW/EPO: add "meancenter" option to better handle orthogonalization to specific clutter matrix, plus improved help (glsw).
- Improved memory and speed performance for various preprocessing methods.
- Custom SpectraQuant Filtering algorithm for background correction (available only through Applied Instrument Technologies (AIT))
- Experiment File Importer - reads file containing filenames and reference measurement data and imports the corresponding files and data into Analysis GUI. Automatically assigns the data to X and Y and to calibration and validation blocks (experimentreadr).
- Hamilton Sundstrand PIONIR PDF file importing added (pdfreadr).
- Horiba JY file importer performance and support for large files improved (hjyreadr).
- SPC file importer reads file comments (spcreadr).
- Support for combining multiple DataSets. Selecting multiple items in Workspace Browser provides access to new "combine" menu option.
- XY file importing performance improved (xyreadr).
- XML importing/exporting support and performance improved (parsexml / encodexml).
- Improved support for manual parsing of CSV files (xclreadr).
- Export Data to Analect Spectral Files (ASF) (writeasf).
- Export Data to simple CSV file format for non-DataSet objects (writecsv).
- Export regression Models to CPSA32/PC80 .tbl format (available only through Hamilton Sundstrand).
- Plot Controls: Full access to all items in a DataSet (no longer limited by number of rows or columns)
- BoxPlot: new box plot function (PLS_Toolbox only) to allow better coexistance with Statistics Toolbox (R) from The Mathworks (boxplot)
- Toolbars: Toolbars are now present on most interfaces and plots to make standard actions and interaction between GUIs easier.
- TrendTool: Improved interactivity and functionality.
- Model Cache: Improved performance and support for new information in models and DataSets.
- InfoBox: New File/Save menu option.
- DataSet Object: Add ability to log user comments to history.
- DataSet Object: Add uniqueID field and support.
NEW FUNCTIONS AND FILES
- boxplot - Box plot showing various statistical properties of a data matrix.
- correctbias - Automatically adjust regression model for bias and slope errors.
- corrspecgui - Interactive GUI to perform correlation spectroscopy.
- dspls - Partial Least Squares computational engine using Direct Scores algorithm.
- experimentreadr - Importer for automatic importing and alignment of X and Y blocks.
- fasternnls - Fast non-negative least squares with selective constraints.
- hrmethodreadr - Convert a Kaiser HoloReact band integration methods into a preprocessing structure.
- knnscoredistance - Calculate the average distance to the k-Nearest Neighbors in score space.
- pdfreadr - Importer for Hamilton Sundstrand PIONIR PDF files.
- sratio - Calculates selectivity ratio for a given regression model.